Ahhh, my first sweater. And what buttery goodness it is…
Being the perfectionist that I am, I’m quick to point out that it has several “design features” (read: mistakes), but that’s what learning is all about, no? I am just happy to finish this project since I started it back in February.
Overall, this was quite an easy and quick knit (despite the lengthy time since casting on). Here are my specs:
- My project page on Ravelry
- The pattern page on Ravelry
- The pattern page on Berrocco (it’s free)
- Designer: Cirilia Rose
- Yarn: Cascade Eco+ in 2452 (I would highly recommend this affordable and high-quality yarn – it feels somewhat scratchy in the skein but softens up nicely after knitting/blocking.)
- Size knitted: Medium, although I used Eco+ yarn and size 10 needles instead of what was called for in the pattern. My gauge was 15.5 stitches/4″ before blocking and 14 stitches/4″ after blocking. It’s probably more of a size small.
If I had to do it all over again (and I just might make this one again with some luxurious alpaca now that I’m feeling more confident with my skills), I’d knit the two fronts and the two sleeves simultaneously to keep them perfectly matched. OH, and I’d do the sleeves in-the-round. Maybe. I might consider doing the fronts and back in-the-round, but I’m afraid I would lose some of the great shaping if I do that. It’s something to consider though since seaming is kind of a pain in the butt.
Oh, and I’d avoid that unfortunate incident involving a broken plate and a huge hole in the sleeve of my finished arm piece. I managed to fix it, I guess. Scott says no one will notice…
OH OH, and I’d measure the sleeves properly. You can see they are cuffed in the photos. I measured my 18″ from the beginning of the patterned section instead of the very beginning of the sleeve. So, I have about an extra 3″ in there. No biggie, but just something to fix next time.